For the Wildfire Season :
- Danger Tree Fallers / Danger Tree Assessor please apply from September to April
- Faller Coordinators and Danger Tree Specialist please apply from Sept to April
- Fuel modification and other work – we will post on our home page when employment opportunities become available.
If you are interested in working with the Apex Team please fill in the online application form.
Health and safety are always a top priority for us. Our duty of care is to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to help lower the risk of communicable disease for our employees and / or students.
Qualities we are looking for
Apex Forest & Wildfire Services Ltd strive for high standards and expectations.
Most of our work is considered high risk and therefore keeping current the WorkSafeBC regulations we are seeking employees 19 years older who are in good physical condition.
If you are someone who is tolerant of others, communicate effectively, accountable, buy into safety, and a strong team player then you will fit in with the Apex team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apex is looking for individuals who are self-motivated, physically fit, team orientated and flexible.
We require our employees to be organized, punctual, and good with communications skills.
Timeline for Applications
- Wildfire Danger Tree Assessor (DTA’s) & Certified Faller (DTF’s): September – April 15
- Fuel Modification work and other work – We will post on our home page and Apex Facebook when job postings become are available. – stay tuned!
First aid certification is not a prerequisite, however if you have the approved first aid training you will improve your chance of employment.
Accepted first aid:
1. OFA Level 1 & Transportation endorsement (both are required) or WorkSafe BC equivalent
2. OFA Level 3 or WorkSafeBC equivalent
Please see the link below for WorkSafeBC equivalencies for OFA1, OFA 3, and Transportation Endorsement.